Introduction to the Properties and Application of Inconel 625 Nickel-based Alloy
Inconel 625 is an alloy grade with a density of 8.4 g/cm3 and a melting point of 1290-1350°C. It has excellent resistance to inorganic acid corrosion and has excellent corrosion resistance to various corrosive media in oxidation and reduction environments.
Alloy 625 shows excellent corrosion resistance in many media. It has excellent resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion and erosion in chloride media.
This alloy has the following characteristics:
- It has excellent corrosion resistance to various corrosive media in oxidation and reduction environments
- Excellent resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion, and will not produce stress corrosion cracking caused by chloride
- Excellent resistance to inorganic acid corrosion, such as nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and mixed acid of sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid, etc.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion of various inorganic acid mixed solutions
- When the temperature reaches 40℃, it can show good corrosion resistance in various concentrations of hydrochloric acid solution
- Good processability and weldability, no susceptibility to cracking after welding
- Manufacture certification of pressure vessels with wall temperature of -196～450℃
- It is certified by the NACE Standard of the American Society of Corrosion Engineers (MR-01-75) to meet the highest standard grade VII for use in acid gas environments
Corrosion resistance of Inconel 625
Alloy 625 shows excellent corrosion resistance in many media. It has excellent resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion and erosion in chloride media. It has good resistance to inorganic acid corrosion, such as nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc., and also has alkali and organic acid corrosion resistance in oxidation and reduction environments. Effective resistance to chloride ion reducing stress corrosion cracking. There is almost no corrosion in seawater and industrial gas environments, and it has high corrosion resistance to seawater and salt solutions, even at high temperatures. No sensitivity during welding. It is resistant to carbonization and oxidation in static or circulating environments, and is resistant to corrosion by chlorine-containing gases.
Inconel625 alloy has excellent resistance to oxidation and phosphorus-like corrosion in a high temperature environment of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit (1093 degrees Celsius). Under cyclic heating and cooling conditions, 625 alloy performs better than other high temperature alloys. The following chart shows the comparison of weight loss between 625 alloy and several stainless steel alloys in a cyclic oxidation environment of 1800 degrees Fahrenheit (982 degrees Celsius).
Inconel625 alloy can directly use the same traditional processing procedures as austenitic stainless steel, including welding method and resistance method. Before welding, the material should be completely decontaminated and cleaned under the annealing conditions in the factory. No need for pre-heat treatment and post-welding treatment to maintain or restore the corrosion resistance of the material.
Inconel 625 application range application areas are:
The softened and annealed low-carbon alloy 625 is widely used in the chemical process industry. Its good corrosion resistance and high strength enable it to be used as a thinner structural part. Alloy 625 can be used in situations where it is exposed to seawater and subjected to high mechanical stress. Typical application areas:
- Components of organic chemical processes containing chlorides, especially where acid chloride catalysts are used
- Used in the manufacture of digesters and bleaching tanks in the pulp and paper industry
- Absorption tower, reheater, flue gas inlet baffle, fan (humidity), stirrer, baffle and flue in the flue gas desulfurization system
- Used to manufacture equipment and components used in acid gas environments
- Acetic acid and acetic anhydride reaction generator
- Sulfuric acid condenser
Eternal Bliss Alloy Casting & Forging Co, Ltd.
What’s app: 0086-13093023772