Stellite 21 Plate
tellite 21 (previously known as Stellite® 8) was developed in the mid 1930s as a corrosion resistant CoCr alloy and
rapidly found application as a biocompatible hip implant and denture alloy.
Many of the alloys currently used in medical applications are variants of the original Stellite21 composition.
It was also one of the first heat-resistant alloys trialled for use in jet engines.
Stellite® 21 consists of a CoCrMo alloy matrix containing dispersed hard carbides which strengthen the alloy and increase its hardness,
but also decrease the ductility. The type, shape, size, and distribution of the carbides is strongly influenced by the processing history of the alloy,
and for this reason the mechanical properties of Stellite 21 are very dependent upon the manufacturing route and any subsequent heat treatments.
Due to the low volume fraction of carbides, the Co-based alloy matrix dominates the wear and corrosion properties.
The carbides in Stellite 21 plate are usually of the type (Cr,Mo,Co)23C6. TIG WELD DEPOSITION Co Cr Mo C Others Hardness** Density Melting Range Base
26-29 4.5-6. 0 0.20-0.35 Ni 2.0-3. 0 Fe, Si, Mn 27-40 HRC** 290-430 HV** 8.33 g/cm3 0.301 lb/in3 2360-2615 °F 1295-1435 °C **
Higher values indicate a typical work hardened surface.
Our Photos for Stellite 21 Plate:
- 13 Year Experience in Heat-resistant Steel Field
- 18 Year Expertise in Wear-resistant Material Field
- 20 Year Customer-made High Quality Castings & Forgings
- The nearest seaport: Shanghai port
- The nearest airport: Shanghai Pudong airport
- Payment Terms:L/C,TT,West Union,Paypal
- Payment Condition:50% before production, 50% before delivery against complete set of inspection report
- Supply Capability: 10,000 tons per year
- Sample Availability: yes
- Sample Time:15-30 Days
- Packing: Plywood Cases or Steel Crates
- Delivery time: 45 working days per 20 tons regular castings & forgings
- Service: OEM, ODM or Customized
- 20-year Foundry Operation Experience.
- Friendly & High Efficient Technical & Commercial Communication.
- Professional Export Practices: Exported to +60 Overseas Countries.