Qt500-7 Sand Casting Slag Pot Metallurgical Slag Tank
Qt500-7 Sand Casting Slag Pot Metallurgical Slag Tank
The Slag Tank is an important piece of equipment for steelmaking in the metallurgical industry. It is a container used to hold high-temperature slag produced during the steel smelting process. It has a bowl-shaped container with lifting trunnions on both sides.
Introduction to Metallurgical Slag Tank:
The slag tank is mainly used to carry converter steel slag, refining furnace steel slag and continuous casting ladle casting residue. Under the conditions of the converter smelting process, the temperature of the steel slag is higher than the temperature of the molten steel (because the steel slag is located in the high temperature area of the oxygen blowing reaction). After the smelting is completed, whether it is the slag splashing and furnace protection process of the converter, or the pouring of slag, etc. Such operations will cause the temperature of the liquid steel slag covering the surface of the molten steel to drop.
Theoretically, such high-temperature steel slag has the risk of melting through the slag tank. However, once the slag film is formed, and the cast steel material has the advantages of rapid heat absorption and rapid heat conduction, the surface of the slag tank body will continue to convect and dissipate heat to the surroundings, so the slag tank will not become red and deformed due to excessive temperature rise. In addition, The temperature of the liquid steel slag inside gradually decreases, so the slag film is difficult to remelt, which fully ensures the safety of the slag tank.
Of course, if high-temperature molten steel continues to enter the slag tank before the steel slag, its impact kinetic energy and high temperature are likely to cause a tank penetration accident; conversely, if steel slag enters the slag tank first, the risk of tank penetration is much smaller. This is also Technical principles why cast steel slag tanks can safely carry high-temperature steel slag.
Impact on service life of Metallurgical Slag Tank
1. Influence of abnormal slag in converter:
Although the cast steel slag tank is safe for carrying steel slag, it is still risky for abnormal slag from the converter. The abnormal slag from the converter is mainly the washing slag before the furnace is dismantled and the high temperature and high iron oxide slag produced by smelting special steel. Furnace cleaning is to use high-temperature slag to dissolve the slag splash layer and adhered slag and repair materials on the converter lining to facilitate the subsequent furnace dismantling work. The steel slag produced has a higher temperature than conventional slag, has a high iron oxide content and has good fluidity. After entering the slag tank, the iron oxide in the slag reacts chemically with the slag tank body. In addition, the temperature load impact of the slag itself may cause a tank penetration accident.
2. The influence of continuous casting ladle casting residue:
In addition to a part of the steel slag, the casting residue in the continuous casting bale also contains molten steel, both of which have temperatures higher than or close to the melting point of cast steel. If the slag tank is not specially treated, the molten steel will directly contact the slag when the casting residue is large. The tank body may corrode the cast steel material of the slag tank body and cause the tank to penetrate, or the partial melting, corrosion and condensation may cause adhesion to the slag tank, which may easily cause damage to the slag tank when turning over the tank.
3. Damage to the slag tank from external hits:
When the slag tank and the steel slag contained in it are bonded and the tank cannot be turned over normally, a cannon truck is required to continuously hit it to help pour out the slag in the slag tank. The mechanical force during the hitting process creates waves in the slag tank. It is transmitted internally and superposed locally, causing damage to the slag tank.
There are several main problems when using Metallurgical Slag Tank for smelting
- Due to the design of the overflow port of the slag tank, the center of gravity of the slag tank is offset and tilted during the lifting process. The slag liquid is easy to overflow, which poses a great hidden danger.
- The overall structure of the slag tank is unreasonable. After being affected by thermal stress, it is easy to crack. The cracks will cause the bag to wear out.
- The design uses a lined molten iron ladle and three slag ladles. Sometimes too much molten iron will overflow from the molten iron ladle into the slag tank, causing the temperature at the bottom of the slag tank to rise sharply and causing damage to the slag tank.
- Thicken the wall thickness of the slag tank on the inside of the rear part of the slag tank so that the center of gravity of the slag tank can be balanced after being lifted.
- The improvement part is to cancel the reinforced edge on the upper part of the slag tank, make the bottom and middle and upper parts of the slag tank evenly thin, reserve expansion joints on the bottom reinforced edge, and add strong ribs at the bottom.
- Change the structure of the tap car from the original combination of one lined molten iron ladle and three slag tanks to two lined molten iron ladles and two slag tanks, which can more effectively prevent the flow of molten iron into the slag tanks. , causing local high temperature to damage the slag tank.
Eternal Bliss Alloy Casting & Forging Co, Ltd.
Our What’s app: 0086- 182 6227 4295