Inconel 600 alloy is nickel – chromium – iron base solid solution strengthened alloy.With good high temperature corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance, excellent cold and hot processing and welding process performance.Under 700℃ with satisfactory thermal strength and high plasticity.Alloys can be strengthened by cold working, and can be joined by resistance welding, fusion welding, or brazing.
Corrosion resistance of Inconel 600:
The 600 alloy is resistant to all kinds of corrosive media.The chromium composition gives the alloy better corrosion resistance under oxidation conditions than nickel 99.2 (alloy 200) and nickel 99.2 (alloy 201, low carbon).At the same time, the high nickel content makes the alloy have good corrosion resistance in reduction condition and alkaline solution, and can effectively prevent chlorine-iron stress corrosion cracking.
Inconel 600 alloy in acetic acid, acetic acid, formic acid, stearic acid and other organic acids have a good corrosion resistance, in inorganic acid has a moderate corrosion resistance.High purity water used in primary and secondary cycles in nuclear reactors has excellent corrosion resistance.The outstanding performance of 600 is the resistance to the corrosion of dry chlorine and hydrogen chloride, the application temperature up to 650℃.At high temperature, the alloy in annealed state and solid solution state has good anti-oxidation spalling performance and high strength in air.The alloy can also resist ammonia gas and nitriding and carburizing atmosphere
Inconel 600 process performance and requirements:
- The thermal processing temperature ranges from 1200℃ to 900℃, and the cooling mode is water quenching or rapid air cooling.
- Obtain the best corrosion resistance and the most suitable crystal structure, and conduct heat treatment after hot processing.
- Materials can be directly sent into the heated furnace.
- Cold working materials shall be in annealed or solid solution heat treated state. The work hardening rate of Inconel 600 alloy is close to that of austenitic stainless steel.
- Intermediate annealing shall be carried out in the process of cold processing.
- When the amount of cold processing is greater than 5%, solid solution treatment is required for the workpiece.
- In order to reduce the wear of materials, the mold should choose alloy tool steel, hard alloy or cast steel.
5.Inconel 600 application area:
- Thermocouple sleeve in erosion atmosphere
- Production of vinyl chloride monomer: resistance to chlorine gas, hydrogen chloride, oxidation and carbonization corrosion
- Conversion of uranium oxidation to hexafluoride: anti-hydrogen fluoride corrosion
- Areas of production and use of caustic alkali metals, particularly in environments where sulphides are used
- Titanium dioxide is prepared by chlorine gas
- Organic or inorganic chloride and fluoride production: resistance to chlorine and fluorine corrosion
- Nuclear reactorsCurved neck bottles and components in heat treatment furnaces, especially in carbonization and nitriding atmospheres
- Alloy 600 is recommended for the use of catalytic regenerators in petrochemical production above 700℃ for a long service life.
Inconel 600 domestic and foreign corresponding brand:
|Physical Properties||°F||British Units||°C||Metric Units|
|Density||Room||0.304 lb./cubic in.||Room||8.43g/cubic cm|
|13.3 x 10(-6)m/m·K
|Room||30.0 x 10(6) psi||Room||207 GPa|
Inconel 600 chemical composition: