Aluminum-based alloys are the most widely used non-ferrous metal structural materials in industry. They have been widely used in aviation, aerospace, automobile, machinery manufacturing, shipping and chemical industry. With the rapid development of industrial economy, the demand for welded structural parts of aluminium alloy is increasing day by day, which makes the research on weldability of aluminium alloy deepen. Aluminum alloy is the most widely used alloy at present.
Properties of Aluminum based Alloys
Aluminum-based alloys have low density but high strength, close to or higher than high-quality steel, good plasticity, and can be processed into various profiles. They have excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. They are widely used in industry, and their usage is second only to steel. Some aluminium alloys can obtain good mechanical properties, physical properties and corrosion resistance by heat treatment. Hard aluminium alloy belongs to AI-Cu-Mg system, which generally contains a small amount of Mn and can be strengthened by heat treatment. Its characteristics are high hardness but poor plasticity. Superhard aluminium belongs to Al-Cu-Mg-Zn system, which can be strengthened by heat treatment. It is the highest strength aluminium alloy at room temperature, but it has poor corrosion resistance and fast softening at high temperature. Forged aluminium alloys are mainly Al-Zn-Mg-Si alloys. Although many kinds of elements are added, the content is small, so they have excellent thermoplasticity and are suitable for forging, so they are also called forged aluminium alloys.
Processing Method of Aluminum Base Alloy
- Deformed aluminium alloys can withstand pressure processing. It can be processed into various forms and specifications of aluminium alloy. Mainly used for manufacturing aviation equipment, building doors and windows, etc. Deformed aluminium alloys can be divided into non-heat-treated and heat-treated strengthened aluminium alloys. Non-heat-treatment strengthening type can not improve mechanical properties by heat treatment, but can be strengthened by cold working deformation. It mainly includes high-purity aluminum, industrial high-purity aluminum, industrial pure aluminum and rust-proof aluminum. Heat-treated strengthened aluminium alloys can improve their mechanical properties by means of quenching and aging. They can be divided into hard aluminium, forged aluminium, superhard aluminium and special aluminium alloys.
- Cast aluminum alloys can be divided into Al-Si alloys, Al-Cu alloys, Al-Mg alloys, Al-Zn alloys and Al-RE alloys according to their chemical composition. Among them, Al-Si alloys have hypereutectic silicon-Al alloys, eutectic silicon-Al alloys, monocrystalline silicon-Al alloys and cast aluminum alloys are used as cast.
Some Brands and Applications of Aluminum-based Alloys
- Similar to 3003 alloy, 5005 has medium strength and good corrosion resistance. Used as conductors, cookers, dashboards, shells and building decorations. The anodic oxide film is brighter than the oxide film on 3003 alloy and is in harmony with the hue of 6063 alloy.
- 5050 thin plate can be used as lining board of refrigerator and refrigerator, automobile gas pipe, oil pipe and agricultural irrigation pipe, and can also be used to process thick plate, pipe, bar, profiled material and wire material.
- This alloy has good formability, corrosion resistance, candleability, fatigue strength and moderate static strength. It is used to manufacture aircraft fuel tank, fuel pipe, sheet metal parts of traffic vehicles and ships, instruments, street lamp brackets and rivets, hardware products, etc.
- 5056 magnesium alloy and cable sheath rivets, zippers, nails, etc. Aluminum-coated wire is widely used in processing agricultural insect trap cover and other occasions where high corrosion resistance is required.
- 5083 is used in occasions requiring high corrosion resistance, good weldability and medium strength, such as welding parts of naval vessels, automobiles and aircraft panels; pressure vessels requiring strict fire protection, refrigeration devices, TV towers, drilling equipment, transportation equipment, missile components, armor, etc.
- 5086 is used in occasions requiring high corrosion resistance, good weldability and medium strength, such as warships, automobiles, aircraft, cryogenic equipment, TV towers, drilling rigs, transportation equipment, missile parts and decks, etc.
- 5154 Welded Structure, Storage Tank, Pressure Vessel, Ship Structure, Marine Facilities, Transportation Tank
- 5182 thin plate is used for processing parts such as cans, car body panels, control pans, reinforcements, brackets, etc.
- 5252 is used to manufacture decorative parts with high strength, such as automobiles. Bright and transparent oxide film after anodic oxidation
- 5254 Containers for Hydrogen Peroxide and Other Chemical Products
- Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy Electrode and Wire with Magnesium Content More than 3% in 5356 Welding
- 5454 Welded Structures, Pressure Vessels, Pipelines for Marine Facilities
- 5456 armoured deck, high strength welded structure, tank, pressure vessel, ship material
- Decorations for automobiles and other equipment polished and anodized
- Storage containers for hydrogen peroxide and other chemical products
- Decorative parts of automobiles and other equipment polished and anodized, but fine grain structure must be ensured in any case.
- 5A02 Aircraft Fuel Tank and Pipe, Welding Wire, Rivet, Ship Structural Parts
- 5A03 medium strength welding structure, cold stamping parts, welding containers, welding wires, can be used to replace 5A02 alloy 5A05 welding structure, aircraft skin skeleton
- 5A06 welding structure, cold die forging parts, stress parts of welding and pulling vessels, aircraft skin bone parts
- 5A12 welded structural parts, bullet-proof deck
- 6005 extruded profiles and pipes for structural parts requiring strength greater than 6063 alloy, such as ladders, television antennas, etc.
- 6009 automobile body panels
- 6010 sheet: automobile body
- 6061 requires various industrial structures with high strength, weldability and corrosion resistance, such as pipes, bars, shapes and plates for manufacturing trucks, tower buildings, ships, trams, fixtures, mechanical parts, precision processing, etc.
- 6063 Building Profile, Irrigation Pipe and Extrusion Material 6066 Forging and Welding Structural Extrusion Material for Vehicles, Benches, Furniture, Fences, etc.
- 6070 Heavy-duty Welding Structure and Extruded Materials and Pipes for Automotive Industry
- High Strength Bars, Electrical Conductors and Heat Dissipators for 6101 Buses
- 6151 is used for die forging crankshaft parts, machine parts and production of rolling rings. It can be used for both good forgability, high strength and good corrosion resistance.
- 6201 High Strength Conductive Bar and Wire
- 6205 Thick Plate, Pedal and Extrusion Parts with High Impact Resistance
- 6262 requires high stress threaded parts with better corrosion resistance than alloy 2011 and 2017
- Extrusion structural parts of 6351 vehicles, water and oil pipelines, etc.
- 6463 Building and various utensil profiles, as well as automotive decorations with bright surface after anodic oxidation treatment
- 6A02 Aircraft Engine Parts, Complex Forgings and Die Forgings
- Extrusion material 7005 is used to manufacture welded structures with high strength and fracture toughness, such as trusses, rods and containers of transportation vehicles, large heat exchangers, and components that can not be solidified after welding, and sports equipment such as tennis rackets and softball bats.
- 7039 Refrigeration Vessel, Cryogenic Equipment and Storage Tank, Fire Pressure Equipment, Military Equipment, Armor Plate, Missile Equipment
- 7049 is used for forging parts with the same static strength as 7079-T6 alloy and high stress corrosion cracking resistance, such as aircraft and missile parts, landing gear hydraulic cylinder and extrusion parts. The fatigue properties of the parts are approximately the same as 7075-T6 alloy, but the toughness is slightly higher. For more information，please contact us via E-mail: email@example.com Or Whatsapp:0086-130 930 237 72.